This sensor plugs into the back of your headlight switch (Requires Auto Feature Switch) and enable the Auto ability for headlights to turn on. No coding required. A great addition at minimal cost! Also has the ability to be configured to activate to your liking. The MK5/MK6 sensor fits multiple vehicles but please do confirm by verifying your car uses the MK5/MK6 auto switch.
The sensor has a photo sensor which you place on your dash which informs the vehicle when to turn on your lights.
Ensure configuration steps are performed in the lighting enviroment you prefer lights on. We found installed in a garage with lights off and garage door open during the day. This way its not pitch black or bright daylight.
Sensor Configuration Steps:
- Set headlight switch to off.
- Turn key to the On position. (Don't start the vehicle)
- Ensure desired lighting environment to configure sensor. Too bright and the lights will be on all the time, too dark and lights will activate late or possible turn off under street light. We recommend the garage.
- Turn light switch to "Auto" position.
- Turn light switch to "Headlight" position.
- Turn light switch back to "Auto" position.
- Sensor should beep three times informing you configuration complete.
Once configured test out your lights by pulling in and out of garage. Give the lights some time to activate, there is a delay on purpose for overpasses and such. If you don't like the configuration do it again till optimal lighting is achieved. It can be performed as many times as you like.